1. Footnote

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Domestic Tension: The Politics of Sense in Gamic Space

This is my attempt to use blogging technology as a medium for developing and writing my MA thesis for the department of Art History at Concordia University. It will allow my supervisor, Prof. Jean BĂ©lisle and other committee members, Prof. Bart Simon and Prof Loren Lerner to review my work as I produce it, conveniently from any computer with an internet connection. While not supplanting more traditional approaches, I enjoy writing blogs, and think this will aid the quality and quantity of my work.

By adding an RSS feed to your email client, you can receive anything I post automatically.

The nature of my thesis, revolving around a performance performed online, simultaneously blogged by the artist, Wafaa Bilal, lends itself to this approach as I can link to youtube videos of Bilal's video blogs. I think this will enhance your critiques of my work as you will be able to view the same object/performance as I do.

I see perhaps the majority of my posts as being subsections of the larger chapters. Some posts may deal with more peripheral concerns, such as organising interviews, locating additional materials and so forth.

My next post will be a version of my current thesis proposal, then I will transfer the pages I have already written. of course, I can forward this material in more conventional formats, as the university will eventually require, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment